Pages

Thursday 18 April 2013

Rust on my Roses

Rust on my roses
And four brand new kittens.
Leaves at the front door and
a load of bird shittins.
Holding a hose filled with water and power,
I got back what I gave
In an unwanted shower.
                            Marie at nine this morning.

Dejected, indoors and dry again I opened my laptop and searched for my friend Linda Talbot to see what this wonderful writer had been doing. I discovered her most recent publication on Smashwords. It’s titled, In the Eye of the Storm. Just what I needed, an inspiring trilogy of poems centered upon aspects of nature, emotions and inspiration generated from living in Greece. Her impressions and thoughts reminded me that my roses are actually far more resilient that we think – nature holds its own secrets. Thank you Linda!
Linda can be found at lindajtalbot.wordpress.com  ( she is also a well known fantasy writer of short stories ).

No comments:

Post a Comment