Pages

Thursday 11 April 2013

Supermarket

Last Saturday we went shopping. My husband pushed the trolley while I perused the well stocked shelves. He wandered off and I had to follow him with a bottle of white wine, a package of carrots and a couple of cans of “pretty kitty” cat food in my arms. Our trolley had been abandoned in mid aisle so I put my chosen items in. I waited patiently thinking that some raspberry ripple ice cream would be an ideal addition to our weekend menu.

A robust man strode towards me with petite wife alongside. Peering into “our” trolley he extracted the wine bottle, the blushing carrots and the cans of “pretty kitty” cat food. Holding each aloft he boomed, ‘do we really need these dear? I despise white wine and we don’t even have a cat.’

I retreated hastily almost falling into our trolley which had since our last encounter, been laden with car seat covers, a garden rake and other sinister looking objects. ‘I think we’ve got everything now,’ my husband beamed. ‘No,’ I replied ‘we’ve yet to get wine, carrots “pretty kitty” and I just remembered some raspberry ripple ice cream too!

No comments:

Post a Comment